NCC Early Learners values our strong working partnership with Nature Play Qld to provide an exciting Bush Kindy Program to all our Kindergarten children (36 months and over).
“Nature play is when children are provided with the opportunity to engage in unstructured play activities in outdoor settings where natural elements feature, such as logs, rocks and water, as opposed to conventional manufactured play equipment. It is when children create their own play using natural features.”
Being able to provide this program and exposing children to the natural world that we are so blessed to have, is something NCC Early Learners is passionate about – not only for the benefit for the child but also the wider community.
At NCC Early Learners Nature Play is incorporated into our programs in two ways:
- Through the development of more natural play spaces within our centres
- Through excursions to the bush or beach (Buderim NCC Early Learners) to learn more about our environment and to experience playing and creating in nature.
The benefits of our children being exposed to the natural environment are:
- enhanced personal and social communication skills
- increased physical health, supporting the development of healthy, active lifestyles
- enhanced mental and spiritual health
- enhanced spiritual, sensory, and aesthetic awareness
- the ability to assert personal control and increased sensitivity to one’s own well-being
Numerous research studies attest to the fact that people of all ages who participate in nature-based activities tend to be happier and healthier than those who do not.
Nature Play also helps children to be more resourceful and creative with their own play and to appreciate rather than fear natural elements like mud, moss, grasses etc.
In addition to the play-based activities, a number of our centres have herb and vegetable gardens or vision community gardens for children to explore and develop a greater understanding of nature. You can read more about this on our Environment page.
Your Director and Kindergarten Teacher will be able to provide you with their services program times and answer any of your questions you may have on the exciting Nature Play program.